I finally finished the Blesséd Socks, which I started in August. Non-knitters, take note that it usually does not take four months to knit a pair of socks. Life just got REAL busy here at Chez Bmore Sara — including the relocation of the chez in question.
But now both socks are finished, and extremely soft and cozy. And this is the perfect season to wear them. I also love the combination of colors in the yarn and am seriously thinking of reproducing that very combination in my office/fiber room.
Calling them my “Blesséd Socks” prompts me to count my blessings. I won’t enumerate them all right now, but here are a few just from today:
- It was very foggy this morning. While my window was open, I could hear a fog horn. I don’t think I’ve ever heard one in real life before.
- My iPhone 4S arrived today. Wow.
- We are making progress in getting our living room painted and decorated.
- My daily walk inspired me to create a Walkabout Playlist, about which I hope to write more next week.
- This morning I noticed my dress didn’t seem quite so tight as the last time I wore it.
Of course, there are the ongoing blessings of family, good health, economic viability, freedom, and beer. None of which I take lightly. But, when you focus on the big blessings, you risk losing sight of the small ones. And seriously — I heard a fog horn this morning! Why would I ever want to overlook that?